Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI is seeking highly experienced and motivated Systems Engineers to join a talented team of professionals on a future large and complex effort in support of the Naval Sea Systems Command. The candidates will provide support to the technical programs managed within Naval Systems Engineering Directorate (SEA 05) to include contributing to various engineering elements of weapons, sensors and communications. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- C5ISR RDT&E, SCN, O&MN,OPN systems engineering and preparation of respective technical white papers, point papers, and position papers
- Risk mitigation planning
- Review interface and design documentation
- Prepare and conduct impact assessments and trade studies
- Project planning, requirements identification, engineering, status reporting, and cost and time estimates
- Establish design and engineering adequacy of the C5ISR design to meet the CDD performance requirements. Analyze the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of equipment/systems resulting from design characteristics or physical arrangements/locations in order to eliminate or minimize Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) both above and below deck.
- Establish a comprehensive list of all Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Combat Systems Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems, equipment, and antennas. Establish the spatial adequacy of C5ISR compartments, and define the special installation arrangement requirements of those compartments. Depict the primary operational mode for each major operational function of all C5ISR systems and their primary data flow path.
- Perform comprehensive topside design integration employing a systems engineering and integration effort that treats all ship topside structures, associated equipment and cooperating elements as a total ship topside system while considering the impact of the mechanical, climatic, environmental, signature and electro-magnetic environmental effects upon the whole system.
- Analyze the ship's susceptibility relative to electrical and physical security of electrical information processing systems.
- Recommend/implement the transition of legacy C5ISR systems to modern open-standard/architecture digital systems by leveraging existing technology refresh-capable, ruggedized Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment, systems and architectures.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university. Advanced degrees are desired.
- Must have10+ years of training, skills and experience necessary to conduct detailed, complex systems engineering activities associated with surface navy C5ISR systems, elements and components.
- Must be conversant in the operational relationships and procedures that take into account the design philosophy utilized in space allocations and arrangements.
- Must be able to analyze the ship's susceptibility relative to electrical and physical security of electrical information processing systems.
- Must be familiar with the techniques used to eliminate or minimize Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) both above and below deck.
- Must be able to synthesize the C5ISR systems into a design package that supports a total ship system
- Must have excellent communication Skills
- Must have a current, active DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a DoD Top-Secret Clearance. Higher clearances are desired.
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related experience. Master's degree or Ph.D. in at least one engineering discipline preferred.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is in support of future opportunities. As we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates. If you are selected to interview, you will be contacted directly.