JAVA Software Developers with AWS
Work Sites: Fairfax/Chantilly, VA areas
Clearance Sponsorships available for qualified candidates: TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Project Summary: As the PRIME contractor we support Mission critical software application systems. Diversity of project offerings with many different applications being developed with different types of development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have enjoyed serving our customer for over a decade with long-term relationalships and project successes. Staff size exceeds 100 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced Java developer with AWS skills who under minimal direction performs as a fully experienced Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. The Software Developer will use AWS familiarity to develop and support big data analytics within a workflow framework built on top of Hadoop, as well as improve the workflow framework itself. The Developer may also collaborate on system architecture and engineering efforts concerning Hadoop with the system administration organization.
Key Highlights of Position:
- Working in a big data environment with new and open-sourced technologies
- Fast paced; Interaction with many people on a day-to-day basis
- Integral part of the project and deals with cool data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified timeframe according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software largely focused in the back-end and data layer.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software; recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions; this includes validating the fix for the software problem.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
- Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on complex projects.
- Designs and maintains Big Data analytical algorithms to operate on petabytes of data.
- Works with well-structured data (compared to traditional Hadoop data).
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience. - Must be able to obtain and maintain clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client. (TS/SCI with POLY+)
- Work Experience as Software Developer using Java w/AWS technologies and interest to continue coding and developing.
- Strong understanding of data modeling.
- Cascading, Apache Avro, Apache ZooKeeper, and Blur knowledge and experience.
- Strongly Desired - Object Oriented Programming, Multi-threaded programming experience, experience using continuous integration.
- General Hbase knowledge
- Experience supporting Agile software development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required. FRHP