BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for talented IT/Engineer professionals that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Candidate will be part of experienced Systems Administration team supporting a large, multi-delivery system supporting national and tactical requirements. Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with ability to take ownership of assigned tasks. Candidate will work as a technical expert in maintaining, upgrading and supporting a multitude of mission critical applications and ensuring that the applications are usable and accessible to all users. The core of the job will be to
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a technical expert in maintaining, upgrading and supporting a multitude of mission critical applications and ensuring that the applications are usable and accessible to all users.
- Perform all facets of systems administration of a network supporting a variety of services on Linux servers.
- Lead in performing systems integration activities, making different technologies work together, troubleshooting and problem solving, and trouble ticket management.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Experience providing support maintenance and security for Red Hat (RHEL) Linux
- Experience installing and configuring various COTS products
- Experience with configuration and management of LDAP
- Experience with VMware, vSphere installation, configuration and management
- Exposure to Linux security hardening
- Understanding of networks and strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor
- Typically requires a BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related area, and 5-7 years of experience in a DoD Government environment. Military experience will be taken into consideration.
- Red Hat Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Experience with configuring and maintaining VMware clusters, hosts and guests
- Experience supporting Oracle on Linux
- Ability to monitor system resource usage and ensure adequate resources are available to meet the IT requirements through resource scheduling and new resources
- Monitor and track trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service
- Experience with Puppet or similar operations management software
- Strong command skills and bash scripting, including kick starts & startup scripts, regular expressions
- Experience working with SAN and backup systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work appropriately
Additional BITS Information:
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a taxˆ’qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
We believe in healthy home/ work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.