At CACI, we don't just hire you for a job; we hire you for a career. CACI recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. We empower you to forge your path while providing you with the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish your career goals. CACI has a clear, defined strategy that has guided our success for over fifty years.
Consider a career with CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing the information technology and consulting solutions America needs to defeat global terrorism, secure our homeland and improve government services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation. Transcribes and/or translates Arabic source material, both printed and audio, provides analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material, and quality control of junior linguists. Typically works as part of or may lead a team of linguists supporting operations CONUS or OCONUS. Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a customer granted security clearance. Must possess native or near native proficiency in the foreign language, typically a minimum of 3/3 or higher on the DLPT or equivalent test.
Acceptable Arabic Dialects include: Yemeni, N. African (Moroccan, Algerian, Libyan, Tunisian), Sudanese, Levantine, or Gulf
- Provides both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation support.
- Translates Arabic intermediate to advanced level printed materials including technical manuals and foreign language periodicals into correct grammatical American English.
- Transcribes and translates foreign language audio files into good grammatical English.
- Prepares and updates databases of translated source material.
- Operates customer furnished monitor/recording equipment.
- Scans intercepted data and determines as pertinent or non-pertinent to mission requirements
- Participates in analytical meetings or conferences when applicable.
- Provides quality control of junior linguist transcribed and translated material.
- Must pass customer developed English grammar and reading comprehension test.
- Must pass customer test to 3-3+ for translation or interpretation on Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale in requisite professional discipline.
- Must be willing to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Prefer candidates with BA/BS degree and at least 7 years of relevant language interpretation and translation experience.
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 14,900 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.