Make a Difference!
We are looking for talented Engineer/IT professionals that are excited about using the latest technologies available to create critical data analysis and alerting capabilities for the dynamic US intelligence community. Answer the call to serve issued by President Obama at South by Southwest 2016 and join a highly talented engineering team developing solutions for intelligence community needs. As the threats against our nation and world increase, we need your expertise to apply industry tools and products to meet these challenges. Our client engagement processes underlay the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value to create mission critical software applications.
We need top developers that are highly self-directed and motivated, collaborate respectfully with their teammates, and always keep the user mission first. We have a long track record delivering critical applications on-time and on-schedule. You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
Offices for this opportunity are in Aurora, CO. We believe in a healthy home/work balance; both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/.
- Provide support to build, automated test, integration, and deployment of software baselines using DevOps and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Leverage broad knowledge across Agile Software Engineering disciplines and Cloud Technologies to advise, identify, create, and deliver Infrastructure Services and Architecture that enable the successful migration of applications and services to the Cloud
- Work closely with both development staff to contribute to the identification, assessment, and integration of wide ranging technologies and advanced concepts which facilitate the development, refactoring and re-architecting of systems across different security domains in order to ensure successful migration to the Cloud
- Work with a diverse set of contractor and government personnel to track, manage, and resolve technical issues
- Establish and maintain a high level of stakeholder intimacy in coordinating all activities, acting as the technical point of contact for operational systems, applying technical expertise to address and resolve any issues in a unique, rapid, and complex operational environment
- Provide lifecycle support, conduct studies, support major reviews and demos, perform cloud, software, and technology evaluations, identify solutions, provide recommendations, and plan activities
- Brief status and provide software demonstrations to government and community stakeholders
- Translate customer and user needs into project requirements
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent and 5 to 7 years experience in software development or related fields.
- Education and Experience equivalents are considered on a case-by-case basis
Attributes and Skills
- Self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience configuring and customizing commercial and open source software
- Experience conducting rapid trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
- Experience using REST, microservices, containers, and other common architectural styles
- Understanding of 12 Factor Architectures and how applications can transition to the Cloud
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
- Experience using and deploying virtual machines in cloud environments
- Experience running continuous integration build life cycles focused on automation
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Behavior and/or Test Driven Development
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDMS), NoSQL, and Geospatial data indexing
- Experience with identity management, access, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP)
- Experience with security accreditation
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Use of Atlassian agile management tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with build automation using Maven and code quality inspection using SonarQube
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins continuous integration and automated test tools, e.g. Selenium and Jasmine
- Experience working with database servers, e.g. Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, MongoDB, Accumulo
- Configuration management using Git, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Linux operating systems in virtual environments such as Amazon Web Services
- Use of scripting languages, e.g. bash, Python, Pearl
- Platform and PaaS experience, e.g. Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Docker
- TS/SCI Clearance with current SSBI or US Citizen clearable to TS/SCI with CI Poly
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities