CACI is seeking a Network Security Engineer at our USAFCENT NOSC task at the Shaw Air Force Base, SC location.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions for anomalies both remotely and locally for security devices to include but not limited to HBSS, Firewalls, and Logging Solution's.
- Analyze firewall reports, firewall logs, and other metrics and identify sub-standard network performance. Engineer solutions and implement improvements to counter the identified anomalies.
- Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents and brief recommendation to senior staff.
- Operate security devices remotely and locally via command line and GUI interface when applicable.
- Operate and manage the Enterprise Manager, ensuring it is functional with duplicate configuration on an off-line EM.
- Create VPN certificates and manage VPN Gateways for deploying remote users.
- Use strong interpersonal skills and sufficient mastery of the IT profession to act as an on-shift training representative for both contractors and government personnel to include Sidewinder Software, VPN management, report analysis, and hardware troubleshooting disciplines.
- Utilize data at hand to make expert decisions and recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent security device outages/problems/issues..
- Direct, organize, and utilize crisis management techniques during outages and in high-pressure environments.
- Use mastery of UNIX scripting to create custom scripts to meet task specific requirements
- Monitor health of HBSS and maintain configuration per DISA/CENTCOM direction
- Assist engineering new security device implementations
- Research, document, and track to resolution all outages, trouble calls, and network intrusions. Utilize the Firewall toolset to accurately analyze and report on the overall health of local and deployed firewalls. Recommend appropriate changes/resolutions in response to the trends analysis. Enterprise Level firewall fault isolation and correction to include troubleshooting ACLs and Proxies affecting other network traffic. Provide On-the-job training to local help desk personnel and engineers on firewall components and solutions. Configures and maintains DNS and BIND domain name services and manage the full range of Sidewinder features at an Enterprise level
You will provide guidance and remote administration in the following areas related to Sidewinder and the Enterprise Manager (EM):
a. General Optimization
b. VPN connections between firewalls (Point to Point)
c. ACL management
d. IP Filter management
e. Log analysis
h. One-to-many -“ Failover
- IAT II Certs (Such as any of the following: Security + CE Version, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP) or higher
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance- must be US Citizen
- MCSA Windows or Server Infrastructure (or obtain within 6 months -“ should have passed at least one of the three MCP exams needed for MCSA)
- Firewall / Unix (Linux +)
- ITIL Foundations verion3
- USAF / DoD experience in Information Assurance / Cyber Operations / Network Security
*Ability to deploy to Southwest Asian Theater -“ two month period of time, once every two years.
US-Shaw Air Force Base-SC-COLUMBIA