Duties and Responsibilities:
As a C++ Software Engineer in a Linux Development Environment, you will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. You will be called upon to work individually and as part of a team. Responsibilities will include:
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Develop or implement algorithms that meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write and review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Provide integration support of third-party TDOA geo-location algorithm into an existing software baseline
To be successful in this role, you will need experience in the following:
- Developing and maintaining C++ software systems in a Linux Development Environment
- Reviewing and testing components for software design
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Current Software Programming Tools
- Seven years of Software Engineering experience on programs or contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
Desired qualifications include:
Education and Experience:
Typically requires Bachelors degree in related discipline and 12-15 years experience.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.