The ITSC Help Desk Specialist position supports multiple bureaus of the Department of State as single point of contact IT technicians for all IT issues within the Department of State.
This is a Pipeline position for non-cleared candidates to have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- ITSC Help Desk Specialists requires technical knowledge of IT hardware and software as well as specific technical knowledge of processes and policies utilized across the Department of State IT enterprise.
- Each ITSC Help Desk Specialist will assist users as frontline support for Department of State enterprise access and account management, client software applications, as well as various database functions including updating of user records, in addition to assisting with various hardware issues from client side PC's to documenting and tracking server/network related hardware issues.
- Additionally, each ITSC Help Desk Specialist will require specific training in ITIL best practices.
- The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and be able to handle 50+ phone calls per day.
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and up to 2 years of related experience. Additional training will be required to support legacy systems. May require a security clearance and specialized technical certifications.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and a certification such as A+, Net+ or Security+.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and zero to two years of related experience. Additional training will be required to support legacy systems. May require a security clearance and specialized technical certifications.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.