An experienced innovative Certified Latent Print Examiner (CLPE), based out of Charlottesville, VA. A candidate for this position must confident in their abilities to perform all lab operations independently in a deployed location; to include latent print development, photography, analysis, and encoding. The position requires periodic travel with team members to train students on forensic collection and exploitation. Candidates for this position must also be willing to participate (at a minimum of a 4-5 month) in an OCONUS deployment rotation alternating with the other CLPE team members.
- Must have extensive knowledge of scientific selection and sequencing process in the development of fingerprints
- Compile and annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results. Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Review new scientific innovation and report findings through oral and/or written reports.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, forensic vendors, and others within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable briefing client, administrators, and/or large groups
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience. Must maintain active/current TS/SCI clearances with a CI Polygraph.
- Experience in the examination of material for latent prints using all means available, including, specialized lighting sources, conditions, and equipment. All latent prints discovered shall be marked in a non-destructive manner.
- Experience in the comparison of latent prints to known prints / latent prints to latent prints. Examiner should be confident and have the ability to defend/explain their results. Another examiner shall verify results independently.
- Experience in the use of Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) for searching unidentified latent fingerprints, to include NGI (IAFIS) and the Universal Latent Workstation (ULW) application.
- Active certification by the International Association for Identification (IAI) as a Certified Latent Print Examiner (CLPE) or obtain the certification within one (1) calendar year of hire.
- Experience in photographing latent prints using photographic equipment, i.e. DSLR, RUVIS, Crime-lite Imager.
- Experience in examination of photographic images and determine whether the print has sufficient quality to make a comparison, and/or to submit to the available databases. This determination shall be in accordance with documented criteria.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop or similar software for the calibration and/or enhancement of fingerprints
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Position deploys world wide on a rotational basis. Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment. May spend a lot of time standing due to laboratory conditions. May require deployment to hostile/austere locations.