BIT Systems Inc., is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for a Systems Administrators that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Our work environment is mission focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you. We provide the tools you need to succeed and our employee benefits package is equaled by very few firms.
The office location for this opportunity is in Sterling Virginia. We believe in healthy home/ work balance; our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life.
The System Administrator to support multiple programs using a shared software baseline. While working in a team of system and network administrators, the position will be the primary administrator for select programs and the backup for the other programs that share the baseline. The administrator will provide support for developer's servers and workstation as well as program deployed systems around the world.
- Builds and Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software package
- Designing and implementing virtualization solutions
- Support to Application/Database application migration activities
- Design/Configuration of Storage Technologies
- Development of scripts for automation of build-out and configuration of virtualized systems
- Monitoring for firmware updates, IAVA patches, configuration best practices
- Work with project teams, delivery partners to configure, design, develop, and deploy virtualization solutions in support of enterprise systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
- Two (2) years or more experience with Linux/UNIX (Red Hat/CentOS preferred) Systems Administration
- One (1) years or more of experience in virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Shell Scripting (*NIX)
- Security hardening
- Three (3) years or more experience working in data center environments with related equipment (servers, PDU's, Racks, cabling, etc.)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph
- Experience with SSL certificates and certificate authorities
- Experience with DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503 Security Practices
- Git/Subversion familiarity
- Cobbler familiarity a plus
- JIRA (or equivalent task management) familiarity
- Puppet (or equivalent automation tool) familiarity
- Networking (Routing/Subnetting/Layer) familiarity
- Storage (RAIDing/NAS/SAN) concept familiarity
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.