CACI is seeking a Sr. MS SQL Database Administrator to support a DoD client in Suitland, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core database administration tasks and tools include but not limited to:
- 5 years of experience with SQL database administration
- Expert knowledge with SQL 2008 and higher Database
- Working knowledge of Windows Server
- Install and configure, upgrade SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2012
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Restore databases from backups
- Import and export data
- Monitor SQL Server
- Trace SQL Server activity
- Manage SQL Server security
- Audit data access and encrypt data
- Perform ongoing database maintenance* Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent jobs*Configure database mail, alerts, and notifications.
Required Qualifications:- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS Degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field)
- Security + CE and 1 SQL 2008 or higher Database Certification
- 5+ years of experience with SQL database administration
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012 or higher
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10-12 years of related experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.