Under general supervision, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary. Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Lackland Air Force Base-TX-SAN ANTONIO