CACI Enterprise IT Operations has an opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer to support a large and complex IT enterprise program.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILTIIES:
As a Systems Engineer you will be part of the program's tools support team with some of your duties as follows:
-Identify, evaluate, and introduce new technology and/or process changes to enhance the ability of the enterprise IT environment to meet the mission needs of the customer throughout the contract period of performance.
-As part of the tools support team of system engineers you will oversee the technical evolution through the phases of the contract.
-Develop and implement enterprise IT tools to support an IT managed service delivery approach.
-Focus on continual service improvement to increase efficiency and cost optimization of services, and IT service delivery processes.
-Provide technical direction and engineering knowledge in support of planning, designing, developing, testing, installing, and maintaining systems monitoring and management services.
-Develop, define, and document systems management policies, processes, procedures, and drive implementation and use within the program.
-Perform user administration on enterprise management supporting technologies.
-Manage data generated by the IT enterprise tools that generate tickets assigned to engineers for resolution and document IT issues for root cause analysis and lessons learned.
-Further network assist by identifying reasonable evidence for failures to prevent reoccurrence.
-Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to remote access services.
-Represent the program's technical interests with partners, suppliers, industry associations, and government entities to ensure the flow of technical information and best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and 7 to 9 years of experience.
- Experience with IT ticketing systems analysis.
- A development background that will be enhanced by ServiceNow System Administration, ServiceNow Advanced System Administration, Scripting in ServiceNow, and Application Creation in ServiceNow.
- Experience in Enterprise and/or IT Service Management, Advanced System Administration, database design schemas and data modeling.
- An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the cloud, including datacenters, systems, networks, load balancers, applications, and relational databases.
- Security Certifications (Security+, Network+, CEH, CISSP, or equivalent)
- ServiceNow certification
- Experience working with IT customers within the Department of Defense.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.