Under general supervision, assists users with client issued proprietary databases, software, software configuration control and systems. Functions as a mid-level subject matter expert in legacy customized client systems.
This role is for an IT Specialist in support of 24/ 7, Tier 1 operations for a large, complex government enterprise environment.
The overall objective of the work is to perform first contact resolution of Service Desk Calls that relate to computer use typical of desk-based and remote operations environments. This equates to over 20,000 calls and tickets per year.
Support requirements include:
- Remedy usage and expertise for Service Desk Support
- Password Issuance and Control System (PICS)
- Lync Remote Desktop
- Secure Remote Access
- Cisco VPN Client
- Blackberry and iPhone Administration
Create tickets for all issues, incidents, and requests received via phone, voicemail or email and reply via phone or email to inform the customer that their request has been received; request additional information, if needed; and provide status updates to the user.
Use troubleshooting or problem-isolation techniques to expedite and facilitate the identification and resolution of reported issues and all requests for service in accordance with approved service level agreements.
In addition, there is the need coordinate with other technicians outside of the Service Desk to facilitate escalating calls when Tier 1cannot remotely diagnose or solve the problem:
- Tier 2 Field Support for all users
- Applications specific to the user community
- Other Service Desks that provide access or services to the users
- Maintain the resolution database with the latest known good steps.
- Manage the entire ticket lifecycle of all IT technical problems, issues, and requirements; this includes ticket follow-up and reports concerning aging tickets.
- Able to obtain DHS clearance.
Prior Help Desk experience ( 2-4 years).
Experience with Remedy Systems and SharePoint a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Additional training will be required to support legacy systems. May require a security clearance and specialized technical certifications.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-National Harbor-MD-MARYLAND SUBURBAN