Qualified candidates will provide mid-level support for an Information Technology (IT) Help Desk which receives and resolves 15,000 tickets monthly through the Remedy 9.1 service management software. The IT Help Desk supports a 10,000+ user community within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate sound customer service and telephone etiquette in responding to customer calls or inquiries for service and support
· Demonstrate strong attention to detail, problem solving, and a desire to provide outstanding customer support
· Analyze and resolve complex service requests and incidents that have been escalated by the junior level analysts
· Leverage remote control technology (such as BOMGAR) while troubleshooting desktop and laptop problems
· Utilize advanced technical skills to analyze and resolve technical issues and tasks, including but not limited to setting up shared drives, mapping network drives, installing and updating software, and network troubleshooting
· Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting skills on Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & Windows 2000), Microsoft Office products, and various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
· Experience with patch management software (e.g., SCCM)
· Experience installing, upgrading, and removing software
· Experience using Remedy service management software (or similar tool) to track incidents and service requests through the full lifecycle
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly (MS Operating Systems, Office Products, and DHS specified software).
· Advanced experience with Active Directory management & administration
· Knowledgeable of Problem Management best practice and processes
· Ability to obtain DHS EOD
· COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification
· MCP Certification
· ITIL v3 certification
· HDI Certification
· Knowledgeable of Configuration Change Management best practices
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) minimum of 5 years of related technical help desk experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-National Harbor-MD-MARYLAND SUBURBAN