CACI is seeking an experienced forensics expert to provide senior advisory services to an agency comparable to a Medical Examiner's Office. ICITAP's forensic programs are designed in partnership with the host countries and support the adoption of international standards and best practices.
Work will Occur in Multiple OCONUS locations
- The advisor will contribute to a thorough review of the agency's management practices and technical capabilities
- From this review, the advisor will assist the agency create and implement a multi-year modernization plan to have the personnel and work environment to meet the demands of the criminal justice system in safe and efficient manner
- The advisor will be expected to lead in-country efforts, including activities of other subject matter experts, to meet the following objectives:
- Improve management practices related to human capital, quality assurance, and measuring laboratory performance
- Increase technical knowledge of the laboratory staff through training seminars, workshops, and other professional development activities
- Align analytical processes with recognized best practices including the development of standard operating procedures
- Develop formal training programs for new scientists
- Improve laboratory safetyEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Position requires a PhD in one of the biological, chemical, physical or forensic sciences relevant to the candidates' field of expertise from an accredited US institution. In addition, the position requires 15-20 years of progressively increasing forensic laboratory experience, with at least two years in a related field of expertise in an ASCLD/LAB accredited facility. Degrees from non-US institutions are acceptable pending a review of educational credentials and examination of coursework. Candidates must have at least five years of progressively increasing upper-level management experience in their field of expertise as well as other forensic disciplines and overall as a forensic general manager of an ASCLD/LAB accredited facility. Candidates must also hold a degree or certification of formal training in business management or similar management area. Position requires demonstrated continued education through any of the following: publications, presentations, coursework, internships, externships, or certificates. Requirements include experience in overseeing all activities within a forensic facility to ensure proper protocols are implemented, staffs are validated, and equipment is operational.
Demonstrated experience working internationally
Successful career progression with noted accomplishments
PhD or M.D.
Leadership experience in an accredited Medical Examiner's Office
Cultural sensitivity and OCONUS work is highly desirable