Make a Difference!
We are looking for talented Engineer/IT professionals that are excited about using the latest technologies available to create critical data analysis and alerting capabilities for the dynamic US intelligence community. Answer the call to serve issued by President Obama at South by Southwest 2016 and join a highly talented engineering team developing solutions for intelligence community needs. As the threats against our nation and world increase, we need your expertise to apply industry tools and products to meet these challenges. Our client engagement processes underlay the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value to create mission critical software applications.
We need top developers that are highly self-directed and motivated, collaborate respectfully with their teammates, and always keep the user mission first. We have a long track record delivering critical applications on-time and on-schedule. You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
Offices for this opportunity are in Aurora, CO. We believe in a healthy home/work balance; our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/.
- Provide web design and development expertise in support of new application development and maintenance
- Use industry proven design patterns and open source tools, staying educated on current technology trends
- Support the entire product lifecycle to include systems engineering and requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation and deployment
- Translate customer needs into project requirements
- Identify, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Use test driven and iterative development methodologies
- Participate in a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success
- Brief status and provide software demonstrations to government and community stakeholders
- Translate customer and user needs into project requirements
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development or related technical fields
- Education and Experience equivalents are considered on a case-by-case basis
Attributes and Skills
- Excellent technical acumen and self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with both Object Oriented and Functional Programming approaches
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Cross-browser software development expertise
- Experience with Web services and service-based development
- Experience conducting rapid trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
- Understanding of 12 Factor Architectures and how applications can transition to the Cloud
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Understanding of identity management, access, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP)
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Use of Atlassian agile management tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge of current web technologies including: REST, AJAX, HTML5, WebGL, OpenLayers
- Experience with Git source code configuration management
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins continuous integration and automated test tools, e.g. Selenium and Jasmine
- Understanding and use of public specifications such as OGC and W3C
- Experience with Linux operating systems in virtual environments such as Amazon Web Services
- TS/SCI Clearance with current SSBI or US Citizen clearable to TS/SCI with CI Poly
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities