The Operational Language Analyst performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma. General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent.
- Performance at skill level 3 in audio translation and/or text translation (per the ILR [Text] Translation and/or Audio Translation skill level descriptions) from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Skill level shall be documented within two years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of four (4) years full-time experience in Cryptologic Operations performing language processing in the required language(s): Arabic -“ Levantine (AP); Arabic -“ Yemeni (AU); Arabic -“ Iraqi (OG); Arabic -“ Maghrebi (AM); Persian Farsi (PF); Pashto (PU); Russian; Chechen; Somali
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; producing gists, translations and transcripts; and compiling and updating operational working aids and databases.
- Translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary duty for at least two (2) of the four (4) years' experience.
- Reporting shall be the primary duty for no more than one (1) year of the required four years.
- One (1) year experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts and keyboards.
- Two (2) of the four (4) years' experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission for work on the Contract.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Some travel may be required. May spend a lot of time standing due to laboratory conditions.