Provides support and serves on the Network Administration team including technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitoring and maintaining the current infrastructure, improving system performance and automating system administration. This positions also develops algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems involving one or more of the following areas: traditional circuit switched networks; data networks; access technologies; wireless systems; the media to carry such services; the protocols required for the completion of transport and services; operation of networks; management of network resources; provisioning of resources; traffic and/or performance modeling of such networks.
- Design modules representing traditional circuit switched networks;
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information;
- Develop algorithms for models using networking and/or telecommunications technologies and systems;
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Electronic, Network or Computer Engineering; Computer Science; or Information Systems Management) is required.
- Four years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.