CACI is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our TSA IT Management, Performance Analysis, and Collaborative Technologies (IMPACT) team in the National Capital Region (NCR) and throughout the United States.
CACI will provide a variety of IT services through IMPACT including cyber security, identity and access management, risk management, cloud integration and engineering, field support services, service desk, application deployment and optimization, and operations center support services.
CACI will support TSA in both classified and unclassified IT operational environments increasing availability and security for a variety of applications and systems. IMPACT services will integrate with the broader DHS mission and enhance existing Department-wide IT capabilities.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases. Able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution. Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data by using data base management
systems (DBMS) including relational data bases. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function. Designs, creates, and maintains
databases in a client/server environment. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/backend programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design. Evaluates data base design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
Serves as the Remedy SME for the Application and valuates requested/prioritized workflows for incorporation into the
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Remedy Developer (Lead) will support BMC Remedy 8.1 ITSM suite applications, overseeing a team of 2 -3 Remedy developers and administrators. The candidate will lead the design, installation, configuration, implementation
and transition to O&M various BMC Remedy Service Management Suite products including Configuration management (CMDB), Knowledge management, Asset Management and self-service capabilities. This candidate will lead working groups with outside team members such as Help Desk managers, Project Managers, Operations Manager, DBA's, Asset
Management team, etc. to capture functional business requirements and ensure the application meets the respective teams and customer needs.
- Participate in and facilitate requirements capture with leadership and customer to ensure solutions align with business objectives
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of the Remedy custom application development, change request analysis, and new function implementation
- Provide management oversight and support for a team of professionals providing COTS customization development and database development
- Develop and integrate Remedy improvements and feature additions utilizing feedback from leadership and infrastructure teams including self-service and capability automations.
- Develop SQL reports and queries on KPIs for leadership team to improve process effectiveness.
- Perform BMC Remedy ARS COTS customization development and database development
- Design and develop Remedy ARS software for a multi-tiered user support application supporting Service Desk and Data Center operations
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less senior Remedy staff
- Perform change assessments including the development and implementation of change control board documentation as well as attend and defend change request to Government Configuration Change Boards (CCBs)
- Delivers ongoing improvement opportunities with processes, standards, and policies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12 to 15 years of related experience.
- Secret clearance eligibility,
- DHS Suitability