RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
As a Software Developer some of your responsibilities will include the following:
-Work with customers and technical staff in the resolution of software/application problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
-Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
-Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
-Identify and report problems in new and existing software.
-Recreate reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem.
-Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
-Develop the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
-Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
-Interpret business requirements and implement the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
-Architect and code multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
-Profile, analyze and optimize the software you are responsible for implementing.
-Employ best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
-Actively participate in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
-Perform as a technical expert with thorough understanding of the business application of an assigned project.
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design, development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Web Development, or related discipline and 7 to 9 years of experience.
- High standards for coding and ability to maintain them even when deadlines are tight.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of programming and server software operations.
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas and designs clearly and concisely.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- ServiceNow experience and/or other ticketing tools systems.
- Experience as a Software or Web Developer in programs of similar scope, type and complexity.
- CompTIA Security + certification
- Great verbal/written communication skills.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.