SAP Technical Professional
CACI is seeking SAP technical professionals to join our fast-paced, growing SAP practice that provides implementation and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support to a growing base of SAP customers and to participate in business development activities at potential target accounts.
CACI's current and target accounts perform federal financial management, supply chain management, customer relationship management, data analytics, integration, and governance using SAP's ECC, SRM, CRM, BI/BW, Process Integration, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) solutions. Some of this work includes development of solutions utilizing UI5 (e.g.: Fiori), HANA, and other emerging technologies to be fielded on the SAP NetWeaver Portal and/or web-based Launchpads.
We would like to hear about your experience implementing or supporting SAP solutions. If you have worked in a federal environment at places such as the Department of the Interior (FBMS), the Department of Agriculture (WBSCM, MIDAS, FMMI), the Navy, or the Army, please do not hesitate!
We have opportunities for people who can perform the following types of activities within the framework provided by the ASAP and Agile methodologies:
· Define and architect solutions to meet business requirements
· Provide Level of Effort (LOE) assessments for maintenance and enhancement change requests
· Create technical specification documents for business solutions
· Develop RICEFW objects using ABAP, JAVA and other emerging languages
· Plan and conduct application unit, integration and regression testing
· Perform system-level monitoring, testing and system and database administration
· Perform code analysis and peer code reviews with SAP's Code Inspector and Virtual Forge Code Profiler, including remediation of findings from these tools
· Implement and maintain system interfaces
· Perform Role-Based and Technical user administration
· All positions require the ability to obtain a NACI Clearance
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combined with 5-7 years of experience