CACI is seeking a Software Developer SME in Herndon, VA to become a member of an exceptionally performing team with an excellent reputation. Developers are augmented with the services of a Chief Cyber Security Engineer/Architect SME, Testing, Project Managers, and highly supportive officers. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications with varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity in a non-enterprise setting. The developer will work closely with the customers during the development process to incorporate their requirements and mission needs into the applications. Developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for small project teams for the design, development, security accreditation, testing, and implementation of applications. The candidate will work independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative, fast-paced and matrixed environment, where they will support multiple projects.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Translates user requirements into an application and/or database design.
- Writes interfaces to companion applications or database.
- Works with the rest of the team on security accreditation for the application.
- Ensuring interoperability with other applications.
- Provides extensive technical advice and guidance to applications developers and other members of the team.
- Writes unit tests and works directly with the team's functional tester to ensure application quality.
- Assists in providing estimates for potential new applications.
- Minimum of 6 years demonstrated on-the-job experience with full life-cycle application software development, of which a minimum of 4 have been specialized. Specialized experience includes: "hands on" involvement in all aspects of the application software development life-cycle, (from requirements analysis through design, programming, testing, and deployment).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience maintaining legacy production applications and working directly with customers for changes and keeping the application's technology up to date.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Ruby on Rails or similar development framework.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Subversion or Git ideal or similar development tools.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle including maintenance of production systems.
Required Security Clearance
Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and 16+ years of related experience.