CACI is seeking an experienced Data Architect in Herndon, VA to provide strategic solutions to complex applications and infrastructure problems.
The incumbent's primary responsibility is to deliver an overarching Application and Data Architecture Model that is cloud compatible and consistent with customer's architectural guiding principles, based on microservice architecture principles and best practices. The incumbent will be an integral contributor to deliver a forward leaning architectural blueprint that includes infrastructure foundational elements (i.e. network, storage, platform, middleware, etc.), data and applications that are cloud suitable/compatible. The deliverable shall include architecture requirements for engineering and implementation of the architecture blue print along with a governed process for establishing a Unified Data Layer that is application agnostic and contains all data managed by the customer. In addition, the incumbent will serve as the lead technical resource for strategic oversight and planning of data methodology, database structural design and development. Position provides strategic technical guidance to senior level database administrators and application developers in the creation and implementation of new databases, as well as the maintenance and transition of major existing databases supporting evolving applications. The position provides strategic guidance to data stewards on the development and implementation of data models - schemas to support organizational business processes and business intelligence (BI). The systems architect shall deliver a comprehensive cloud integration strategy including requirements/success criteria for the customer's program. The strategy shall include the Infrastructure foundational elements (i.e. network, storage, platform, middleware), Data, Application, and Security while ensuring architecture models collectively trace back to and satisfy Sponsor's internal and/or external requirements.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with analytical and software engineering skills.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design, and data systems implementation.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with at least two of the following database management system software: Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle-based technologies.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Web Services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Windows and Linux operating environments.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with HTML/XHTML and XML.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data standards/governance, data architecture principles, data modeling (from conceptualization to database optimization), and data structures.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data design and architecture: mapping interfaces used to manage data, setting standards for data management, analyzing current state and conceiving desired future state, and conceiving projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with common data analytical tools such as CSVKit, jQuery Data Tables, Tableay, OpenRefine, KNIME, RapidMiner or Solver. Should also have experience with GitHub and Artifactory.
Required Security Clearance
Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and 16+ years of related experience