Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Cable Technician supporting an Intelligence Community customer's wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) cable plant across multiple security domains.
The technician is responsible for the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of voice, video and data consisting of copper and fiber-optic plant cabling. The Technician will survey installation requirements to determine methods, tools, materials, etc., and coordinate work flow within the group. The Network Cable Technician is expected to work independently and adhering to proper customer and DOD installation guidelines. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Performs and or assists in installs, and maintains voice, video, and data cable systems.
- Coordination of maintenance and installation of copper and fiber-optic cable plants, patch panels, and inter-connects.
- Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, and fiber-optic structured cable distribution systems.
- Installation from outlets to distribution point, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry and DOD standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
- Monitor health and performance of the network cabling and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment,
- Diagnose and correct copper and fiber optic cable issues.
- Remove and properly dispose of superfluous cables.
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, and patch panels and fiber enclosures.
- Install facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Perform cable splices.
- Perform work in renovations and new construction environments and implement cut-over.
- Assist with execution of supporting documentation of all network plant cabling configuration upgrades, additions or revisions before implementation.
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Provide operation and sustainment administration and services for day to day operation, maintenance (preventative, corrective, and perfective) of cable plant, equipment and configurations.
- Maintain accountability of network hardware, spares, test equipment and other related infrastructure components.
- Travel to secondary sites as required performing network equipment installation, maintenance and upgrades.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours
- 4+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrated understanding of IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
DESIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BIC SI Installer, Technician or other similar certification
- CompTIA A+ or Security + or Network +
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.