(a) Responsibilities/Duties. May work directly with Government staff and/or under the direction of the Contract IT Manager, Systems Manager, Senior Systems Analyst, or Lead Project Manager. Based on information gathered from the COR, Government Case Managers, and trial staff, defines system and project requirements. Designs entire system to meet defined requirements Works out the details of functional and design requirements, systems design, programming specifications, data elements, data validation specifications, data capture mechanisms, and data conversion procedures through discussions with Government staff and own superiors. Translates the functional requirements into systems designs suitable for development of appropriate computer programs. Tests software, including preparation and use of sample data for testing purposes. Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations. Develops systems documentation required in the task orders. Consults with Government staff and with other Contractor staff to assure understanding of task objectives, identifies problems and suggests improvements. Provides technical expertise, direction and supervision to lower level personnel. May sometimes function as a technical supervisor or team leader for a project. Reports on progress to Government staff and to superiors. Provides user and technical documentation and training for systems developed.
(b) All aspects of data processing using NUIX and LAW, including but not limited to:
a. Custom data manipulation using available tools, including but not limited to:
b. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
c. Microsoft Visual Studio
d. Microsoft Access
(c) Performing quality control/quality assurance as part of standard operations
(d) Early case assessment and other data analysis of ESI using NUIX
(e) Troubleshooting ad hoc issues with processed or raw data
(f) Providing explanations of technical issues to non-technical clients
(g) Advanced data analysis and reporting using SQL
(h) Leveraging structured and conceptual analytics in Relativity to solve a wide variety of issues
(b) Qualifications. Must demonstrate substantial, hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work on the systems being used, usually at least three years of such experience. For example, if the work requires setting up interconnected Oracle databases in a UNIX environment, the Systems Analyst must have substantial experience in actually doing the work of setting up Oracle databases in a UNIX environment, including designing, implementing, troubleshooting, populating, maintaining, documenting, and training users on such systems. Other systems environments and specific project requirements will call for other specific sets of technical skills. Must demonstrate ability to analyze system requirements and translate those requirements into a coherent system design. Requires broad knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks, and PC and server based databases and applications. Supervisory or team leader experience very useful. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in automated litigation support very helpful. Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or information management/technology disciplines.
· Ability to multi-task and to prioritize appropriately.
· Ability to sustain a level head and logical approach under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Clear, concise, and accurate communicator with good customer service skills.
· Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems
· Ability to implement solutions based on industry best practices to meet our clients' needs.
· Excellent analytical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
· Availability to work overtime, including evening and/or weekends as needed.
· Experience with litigation support software such as: Concordance and Relativity
· 4-5 years of E-Discovery and/or litigation support experience, preferably in a law firm or with a vendor
· Understanding of EDRM workflow. ACEDS or similar certification a plus, but not required.
· Knowledge of various email clients - Outlook, LotusNotes, Others
· 1-3 years of experience creating and executing advanced T-SQL/SQL queries
· 3+ years of experience with LAW, ECapture, NUIX or other processing application (relevant certifications desired)
· Desired certifications: Relativity Certified Administrator, Relativity Analytics Specialist, Relativity Processing Specialist
· Programming skills required (any language, but VB, C#, T-SQL/SQL preferred)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
4+ years of experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.