CACI has an immediate opportunity for an Information Security Engineer to designs and develops information security architectures. The ideal candidate possesses a wide range of knowledge in design of security components and architectures and guides less experienced engineers. Proven track record of independent management of projects.
Responsible for providing technical guidance focused on information security architecture. Performs security research, analysis, and design for assigned client computing systems and the network infrastructure. Responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation and response with respect to security threats and attacks. Facilitates security vulnerability assessments and penetration tests. Responsible for working on security alerts, events, and security incidents, including forensic analysis. Helps plan configuration changes for major security infrastructure platforms. Implements, documents and may help develop formal security programs and policies throughout the organization and monitors compliance to these policies and programs. Researches, designs, develops and implements monitoring, response and administration of a variety of network security and remote access service. Configures and validates secure systems and tests security products and systems to detect security weakness. Contributes general consulting (risk analysis) and project support in the area of information security to IT infrastructure and division computing projects as needed to support new business requirements. Participates in the technical aspects of internal security audits and investigations. Manages and maintains a library of security audit tools, and corresponding processes that can be used for system security testing, internal audits, incident response, and diagnosis of security-related system issues. Provides technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions. Monitors trends in information technology and security that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers. May provide advice and guidance to less experienced staff.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
- Competent in most areas of information systems security, including network application, database and physical.
- Basic business communication skills. May be required to provide clear and effective direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Must be able to successfully monitor systems, detect security problems and create IT solutions, including those of moderate complexity or sophistication. Ability to make recommendations to security flaws in question.
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work. May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications.
- SECRET clearance required- Top Secret preferred.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.