As the SQL Server Database Administrator, supporting an Intelligence Community program, your activities will include:
- Backup, restore, and performance tuning
- Security management
- Capacity planning
- Standards development and enforcement
- Maintenance of a SQL Server physical and virtual DB environment.
- Data modeling and design for new and existing functionality
- Development of documentation based on ISO processes and procedures, as needed.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing SQL Server Databases
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to convey technical information, desired.
- A solid working knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux is desired.
- DBA's are required to carry a pager and must perform unscheduled after-hours work when necessary.
- Requires current TS/SCI poly clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.