Company Name: BIT Systems
Summary: CACI National Cyber Solutions is currently looking for a detail-oriented motivated Farsi Language Analyst to support a dynamic and growing program that provides support to Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) mission objectives. This position is distinguished within CACI's project team by the combined foreign language proficiency, target knowledge, and regional understanding of linguistic and cultural norms in cyberspace. A successful candidate will be an integrated team member, collaborating with analysts to research, identify, and analyze entities of interest in cyberspace.
National and Cyber Solutions Group is one of the leading providers of innovative, rapid response solutions for intelligence and cyberspace solutions across the Defense, Intelligence, and Homeland Security communities. NCS delivers the full spectrum of intelligence support, from strategic thought leadership to tactical operational support to leading edge cyber and multi-INT technologies -“ in order to meet the intelligence community's most pressing mission needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcribes and/or translates source material, both printed and audio; Provides analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material.
- Maintains a proficiency in online linguistic and cultural norms.
- Translates intermediate to advanced level printed materials including technical manuals and foreign language periodicals into good grammatical English.
- Provides in-person, on-the-fly translation or written or audio foreign language materials.
- Transcribes and translates foreign language audio files into good grammatical English.
- Prepares and updates databases of translated source material.
- Participates in analytical meetings or conferences when applicable
- Contributes to or indecently authors analytical reports based on foreign language materials.
- Provides quality control of junior linguist transcribed and translated material.
- Provide foreign language insight into the development of analytic methods and techniques in order to standardize analytical methods to establish predictable and repeatable processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Non-native Linguist - Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of relevant experience. Native Linguist -“ Requires native level skills and five to seven years of experience.
- Must possess native or near native proficiency in the foreign language, typically a 3/3 on the DLPT.
- Must have excellent command of the English language knowledge and ability to produce translations independently.
- Must have demonstrated superior and professional competency in their previous assignments and positions.
- Experience conducting internet-based research in foreign language
- TS/SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph
CONUS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required. OCONUS: Demands will vary according to work environment. Often work schedule will require 12 hour days, 7 days a week when working in harsh environments and require strict medical and dental screening before deployment overseas.