Java Software Developer (future Rock Star Developer)
Work Sites: Tyson's Corner, VA
Clearance required: active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph (clearance sponsorships available for qualified software developers with US Citizenship)
Project Summary: As the prime contractor, CACI directly supports the customer's mission by providing full software life cycle management of numerous mission critical software applications. We provide fully support our applications by providing end to end development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have served our customer for over a decade because of our relentless pursuit of project success and because of the talented developers on our team. Our staff size exceeds 100 members which provides opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Position Summary: We are looking to hire our next "Rock Star" Software Developer. Either you are or maybe not currently, but please know you can work with our other Senior Developers and learn as you make an immediate impact on our application systems. We look for developers who are excited to design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or provide complex enhancements to existing software. Roll up your sleeves and dig into GUI, middle tier & large complex databases. The work we do makes a difference in our client's mission.
Key Highlights of Position:
- Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
- Large client base working on mission critical duties
- High availability, highly used application with near real-time data
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in writing code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Helps to develop code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Assists in writing, modifying, and debugging software for client applications.
- Writes programs according to specifications from higher-level personnel.
- Works with technical staff to understand and makes suggestions to resolve software problems.
- May help to develop the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing with assistance from higher-level personnel.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- May be involved in the development of software user manuals and demonstrate software.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications. FRHP
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 0 - 2 years of related experience.
- Java development experience
- Experience writing web services
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required. FRHP