As an RF Systems Engineer, you will analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develop system Architecture and system design documentation. Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Build, integrate, maintain customer systems including:
- Create/update drawings
- Feedback into system design
- Make hardware/software/RF recommendations
- Initial system configurations (network, OS, software, power/environmental monitors, -¦)
- Periodic system optimization
- Kickstart/VMware based virtualized deployment environment
Deploy customer owned systems globally
Test/evaluate new hardware/software to meet future customer requirements
Troubleshoot issues escalated by help desk
Respond to security incident reports
Patch/update COTS/GOTS software and Oss
Create/maintain custom scripts for managing hundreds of deployed customer systems (VMs/physical servers) using Bash, Perl, PowerShell
Update documentation as needed to capture current system setup/status to meet configuration management requirement
- Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis; ClanSig collection platforms and architectures
- VSAT communications including data encryption devices and WAN interfaces
- Linux system, UHF/VHF DF collection systems, shell scripting, XML
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.