COMPANY NAME: BITSystems
POSITION SUMMARY: The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to be a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for a talented Database Administrator that is excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to aid in the creation truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with talented engineering and development teams building novel solutions that fulfill intelligence community needs.
As a member of our Database Administration team, you will be critical in the design, implementation and day-to-day execution of multiple mission systems. In this dynamic environment, you have the opportunity to work with like-minded, motivated individuals expanding your skillset while showcasing your talents.
- Database Administration team members have the following responsibilities:
- Perform daily monitoring of multiple databases to include Backup Execution/Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- Replication Monitoring (Oracle streams and application-based replication)
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing DBMS-centric software baseline
- Design & development of new capabilities to include data structure design and capacity planning
- Design & development of PL/SQL code
- Application, testing, and documentation of database upgrades and IAVA patches
- Assisting developers on DBMS usage guidelines, improvements in logic and other design considerationsEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience
- 5-7 years of Oracle DBA or DBMS development experience
- Experience with DBMS installation, configuration, upgrading/patching and operations
- Experience with development and debugging of PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, and anonymous blocks
- SQL analysis/tuning
- Experience with Linux OS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Desire to enhance your abilities
- Oracle certifications
- PL/SQL Development
- Database Partitioning
- Data transfer/manipulation/ETL methodologies
- Experience with GEOINT or SIGINT ground systems
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.