SE Core enables an interoperable Synthetic Environment for simulation and training programs. The SE Core Terrain & Model Generation Services (TMGS) focuses on delivering software and limited hardware to enable a common correlated Synthetic Environment for Warfighters to train for full spectrum operations. SE Core is to facilitate a common representation of the complex and uncertain world for Integrated Training Environment exercises to support focused unit training that approximates the changing contemporary operational environment. SE CORE is comprised of complementary efforts for developing the Synthetic Environment that facilitate fair fight interoperability for system and non-system TADSS. The program develops training terrain databases, models, and simulation architecture connectivity to meet Warfighter operational training requirements. The terrain and model development efforts provide non-proprietary, open format, and image generator independent Synthetic Environment deliverables. These efforts, linking current and future training devices/simulations, enable the Army to execute combined arms and joint training, as well as mission planning and rehearsals at home station and at deployed locations.
- Responsible for configuration management and data management of documents, hardware and software baselines, and data.
- Analyzes proposed product design changes to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Responsible for configuration control during product development phase.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations and system updates.
- Develops complex configuration analysis plans to encompass contractual requirements.
- Develops and maintains configuration management database.
- Coordinates with customers and manufacturers to determine a process for change reporting.
- Prepares deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
- Compiles audit information.
- May audit subcontractors' inspection or technical document preparation procedure to verify compliance with contract requirements.
- Prepares written or electronic records of part design change documents.
- Provides project-level technical support to other staff.
- Prepares or provides input to engineering analyses, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, briefings, and contract reports.
- Authorizes the release of drawings and changes specified by Program Management and other functional groups.
- Provides advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Participates in special studies.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Configuration Analysts.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Supports the integration of complex software engineering or visual database development programs; strongly desired - at least five years specific experience in system or software engineering on SE Core confederate programs (e.g., CCTT, AVCATT, LVC-IA, OneSAF, JLCCTC), ideally including visual database and integration experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree. 5 years' experience in Configuration Management.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Work experience at SE Core Program preferred.