SE Core enables an interoperable Synthetic Environment for simulation and training programs. The SE Core Terrain & Model Generation Services (TMGS) focuses on delivering software and limited hardware to enable a common correlated Synthetic Environment for Warfighters to train for full spectrum operations. SE Core is to facilitate a common representation of the complex and uncertain world for Integrated Training Environment exercises to support focused unit training that approximates the changing contemporary operational environment. SE CORE is comprised of
complementary efforts for developing the Synthetic Environment that facilitate fair fight interoperability for system and non-system TADSS. The program develops training terrain databases, models, and simulation architecture connectivity to meet Warfighter operational training requirements. The terrain and model development efforts provide non-proprietary, open format, and image generator independent Synthetic Environment deliverables. These efforts, linking current and future training devices/simulations, enable the Army to execute combined arms and joint training, as well as mission planning and rehearsals at home station and at deployed locations.
Designs, develops, monitors and maintains complex database management systems and related components underlying business applications.
Responsible for end-to-end support, administration and configuration management of databases and the servers they run on.
- Works with customers to design data management, information life-cycle management, infrastructure design and security and data integrity controls.
- Develops database documentation, procedures and policies. Works with the system administrator to manage user and application security levels for the database.
- Supports applications development teams to ensure data designs will operate efficiently once implemented, including overall database design, helping developers tune queries, assigning proper indexes, and the creation of triggers and stored procedures.
- Responsible for the overall configuration management of the database technologies, including initial database installations, upgrades to new product releases and the installation of service packs.
- Monitors and analyzes database performance, producing reports and recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Investigates database faults, diagnoses bugs, researches complex problems with vendors and works to restore database function during outages.
- Manages backup and recovery of the database, including establishing standards and schedules for database backups, developing recovery procedures for each database and ensuring that the backup schedules meet recovery requirements.
- May also develop and manage data replication procedures and tools.
- Responsible for storage management monitoring, planning for space requirements and adding new storage space as needed.
- Conducts technical reviews of systems and databases to provide state-of-the-art support to customers.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Database Administrators.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for the production of highly complex visual database projects; 5-7 years' of experience with SE Core confederate programs (e.g., CCTT, AVCATT, LVC-IA, OneSAF, JLCCTC).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree. 5-7 years' experience in Database Administration. Ability to tailor a system to meet specific organizational needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a deep understanding of relational principles, general DBA
- techniques and practices, as well as the ability to understand complicated relationships dictated by the data schema.
- Experience or knowledge is required in the following technologies: SQL Server - Transact SQL (authoring procs, type of parameters, use of functions, error handling, transaction statement, table variables and SQL - DB Design, identity columns, relationships, indexes, triggers and constraints.
- A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Work experience at SE Core Program preferred.