SE Core enables an interoperable Synthetic Environment for simulation and training programs. The SE Core Terrain & Model Generation Services (TMGS) focuses on delivering software and limited hardware to enable a common correlated Synthetic Environment for Warfighters to train for full spectrum operations. SE Core is to facilitate a common representation of the complex and uncertain world for Integrated Training Environment exercises to support focused unit training that approximates the changing contemporary operational environment. SE CORE is comprised of complementary efforts for developing the Synthetic Environment that facilitate fair fight interoperability for system and non-system TADSS. The program develops training terrain databases, models, and simulation architecture connectivity to meet Warfighter operational training requirements. The terrain and model development efforts provide non-proprietary, open format, and image generator independent Synthetic Environment deliverables. These efforts, linking current and future training devices/simulations, enable the Army to execute combined arms and joint training, as well as mission planning and rehearsals at home station and at deployed locations.
- Under immediate supervision, assists in performing the design, testing and implementing of secure operating systems, networks, and database products.
- Performs security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Involved in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Participates in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
- Assists with analysis of total system product, including: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- Participates in the design and development of new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Helps to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Participates in integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends.
- Embeds forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues.
- Participates in the creation and enforcement of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures). Maintains documentation, procedures and working instructions in accordance with federal and departmental guidelines.
- Reviews logs and reports and interprets the implications. Participates in investigations into problematic activity and assists with plans for appropriate resolution.
- May assist with proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Supports the integration of complex software engineering or visual database development programs of SE CORE as a planner; identifies current risks associated with software and hardware systems.
- They work with other security experts and employees to ensure the safety of both customer information and internal employees.
- They protect a company's digital assets from unauthorized access.
- Safeguard organizational data by analyzing architecture, conducting audits, and enforcing policies.
- Communicate alerts organization-wide and to appropriate external bodies.
- Lead incident response, including reporting and mitigating data breaches or losses.
- Develop strategies to reduce risk, protect privacy, and increase overall information security..
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree. 2-4 years' experience in Information Assurance and Security.
- Knowledge of secure operating systems as well as data security across multiple computer platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Ability to apply technical expertise, and may have knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Work experience at SE Core Program preferred.