Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, delivers information superiority through interoperability of networked solutions for tactical warfighters.
Ticom Geomatics has built its success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in bringing in strong team members that have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
Summary: The prime responsibility of the RF Engineer position is to provide RF and Systems Engineering services to support the design, development, integration, test and maintenance of Position, Navigation and Timing systems in support of the Department of Defense. This position is located in the Washington DC area on-site at a customer facility. This candidate will need to be very comfortable with hands on integration and test in a lab environment, that includes working with engineering instruments and other test equipment to include a spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, Oscilloscope, multi-meter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform system installation per schematics to include running cables, component interconnect, cable and component labeling, creation of -˜as-installed' drawings, and prepping equipment for shipment
- Dismantle previously installed systems
- Execute test plans and procedures and validate results against precise specifications and specific performance metrics
- Apply system engineering processes and transfer knowledge by performing hands on system engineering with minimum supervision at customer's facility or alternate customer locations
- Support the generation of technical documentation to include detailed technical requirements specifications, systemarchitectural design documents, test plans and reports
- Provide recommendations for improvement in system design and test processes through the use of critical thinking and demonstration of an overall understanding of system functionality
- Travel to other CONUS locations as required (up to 25%)
- Solid understanding of RF engineering principles and system engineering fundamentals
- Basic understanding of precision Position, Navigation and Timing systems
- Hands on experience and ability to work with engineering instruments and other test equipment to include a spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, Oscilloscope, multi-meter
- Technical experience in the successful design, development, integration, test and deployment of RF or Position, Navigation and Timing system(s)
- Comfortable working in a laboratory environment at customer's facility
- Self-starter that can work with minimum supervision and has good customer interaction skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Typically requires a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university with 7-9 years but will consider candidates with relevant mix of knowledge set and experience (Masters in Electrical Engineering with 5-7 years of experience will also be considered.)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience delivering hardware and/or software systems for DoD customers
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.