CACI is seeking an experienced Voice over IP Engineer III in the Bethesda, MD area supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Voice over IP, unified communications and call center expertise to assist the
USCIS in the deployment, administration, operation and management of these systems.
Daily duties include oversight of the following activities:
- Management of VoIP and unified call-center communications deployment circuitry, switching, transmissions facilities, and networks.
- Daily verification of new and existing VOIP users on the Active Directory Global Address Listing (GAL) and request updates to the GAL via Service Desk when new facilities are commissioned.
- Installation, administration, operation, trouble diagnosis and maintenance of VoIP, unified communications and call center equipment for major relocation actions.
- Direct support to the USCIS Engineering and Implementation staff and work in cooperation with USCIS Infrastructure Engineering, Network Operations, and ATD.
- Assist in designing, installing, and configuring the Unified Communications platforms.
- Provide assistance to session border controllers, voice gateways, circuits, and Cisco Technologies at new facilities.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements with vendors are being met through reviewing data monitoring statistics before turnover of responsibilities to the call center.
- Must have 5+ years of working with Avaya systems
- Demonstrated experience with design, implementation and maintenance of VoIP solutions in enterprise environments.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with voice technologies (POTS, PRI, T1, QoS, SIP).
- Strong understanding of telephony infrastructure and design, including PBX, VoIP and SIP trunking.
- Hands on experience with voice technologies (POTS, PRI, T1, QoS, SIP).
- Strong SIP knowledge with the ability to perform deep investigations and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and design, including cabling, LAN, WAN, security, and wireless.
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and deliver results
- Demonstrated success in leadership positions in enterprise VOIP environments.
- Demonstrated experience performing hardware and software installations as required for voice communication systems
- Master's Degree or 15+ years of related work experience (typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of experience)
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment for at least twelve months preferred.
- Current DHS EOD highly desired.
Telecommuting may be possible for this position.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.