CACI Enterprise Information Technology (CACI EIT) is looking to hire three qualified candidates to fill the following Technical Project Manager positions:
Technical Project Manager -“ Computing & Print
Technical Project Manager -“ Video & Voice
Technical Project Manager -“ Connectivity
These Technical Project Managers will be part of our Planning & Tools Team that support a global enterprise IT program for our Intelligence Community (IC) customer.
The technology frameworks (Computing & Print, Video & Voice, Connectivity) will include the following product responsibilities:
Computing & Print:
- Thin Client
- Thick Client
- Work Group Printer
- Multi-Function Device
- Desktop Scanner
Video & Voice:
- Desktop Phone (Secure & Non-Secure)
- Cellphone (Unclassified & Secure)
- Land Mobile Radio
- High-Definition Television
- Campus Area Network (CAN)
- Physical Connection / Cable Plant
- Wired & Wireless Connection
These positions identify, evaluate, and introduce new technology and process changes to enhance the ability of the EIT environment to meet the mission needs of our customer. These positions oversee the technical evolution through three distinct areas: Technology Refresh, Modernization, and Technology Insertion.
- Serves as technology framework in-house expert
- Responsible for all capabilities, services, and configuration for technology framework
- Represent the program's technical interests with partners, suppliers, industry associations, and government entities to ensure the flow of technical information and best practices
- Plans schedule and establishes daily, weekly, monthly, and annual activities necessary to meet program timetable for Technology Refresh, Modernization, and Technology Insertion
- Focus on continual service improvement to increase efficiency and cost optimization of services
- Develop, implement, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) supporting the technology framework
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools in support of technology framework services
- Provide technical direction and engineering knowledge in support of planning, designing, developing, testing, installing, and maintaining systems monitoring and management services
- Develop, define, and document systems management policies, processes, procedures, and drive implementation and use within the program
- Manage data generated by the IT enterprise tools that generate tickets assigned to engineers for resolution and document IT issues for root cause analysis and lessons learned
Education and Experience:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience, including three to five years of management experience.
- 5+ years of experience working within Intelligence Community
- Industry leading expertise in the technology framework of interest
- Possess technical certifications related to technology framework of interest
- Experience and knowledge with ITIL process best practices
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.