Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Navy Ship Logistics Analyst supports the Naval Sea Systems Command Surface Warfare Directorate at the Washington Navy Yard. This individual will determine support requirements for U. S. Navy ship life cycle logistics programs including modernization, configuration management, and maintenance. Directs and coordinates program activities designed to ensure effective and economic support. Analyzes and evaluates design concepts to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements; studies the relative supportability of alternative concepts. Anticipates logistics problems related to operational area and environmental and human factors; determines contingency requirements and solutions. May design and conduct research or technical studies to support logistic functions. Represents customer at meetings and program reviews. Provides management and leadership for junior employees.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least 8 years of related Navy ship logistics experience.
- Must have an active DoD secret clearance.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and seven to nine years of related logistics experience.
- Experience in supporting major NAVSEA program offices is desired.
- Familiarity with Navy Cruiser Phased Modernization is desired.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.