The Emergency Management Staff Officer Support Specialist will ensure seamless support to EM and Site level programs for all NGA sites.
- Support EM Program Managers with project management related activities to include administration, plan review, meeting and project facilitation, metrics reporting, meeting minutes, task tracking, meeting coordination, scheduling, plan updates and edits.
- Apply organizational, program and project management skills to track projects to completion, while managing milestones, ensuring personnel accountability, and tracking budgets, deadlines, tasking and calendars.
- Support overall EM Program administration requirements; directly reports to EM management.
- Incorporate National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) principles to EM documents.
- Apply risk management and critical thinking skills to create, review and edit EM program documents.
- Independently perform a wide range of EM functions which require vision, leadership, and proficiency in developing, explaining and implementing EM policy.
- Apply strategic thinking and perspective for problem identification, issue analysis and resolution.
- Research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve EM Program performance.
- Analyze cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Support training and collaboration events.
- Support incident response management.
- Demonstrated risk management and critical thinking skills supported by experience and a proven track record of applying these skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform a wide range of EM support functions, requiring vision, leadership, and proficiency in developing, explaining and implementing EM policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work from an Agency perspective for problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, analyze them and recommend solutions with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience in research and evaluation of new concepts and processes to improve EM Program performance.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing cross-functional problem sets, identifying root causes and resolving issues
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience within related field and seven to 10 years' experience.
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- FEMA approved Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/200/700/800).
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.