The Senior Principal Planning, Policy, and Business Analyst will sustain and deliver a RM program that supports and enhances NGA resilience. The focus of the program must be Risk Management (RM). Program effort shall provide an integrated internal and external planning and mitigation approach to RM as directed or outlined in National, DoD, or IC policy.
- Develop the Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M) with metrics that deliver and sustain an integrated RM program complying with all National, Executive, DoD and IC directed program elements.
- Develop and implement a multi-year strategic management plan, linked to compliance with National, DoD, IC, National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG), and NGA requirements and metrics, that supports RM.
- Identify all NGA compliance elements within National, Executive, Federal, DoD, IC, and other applicable government statutes, directives and regulations, and provide insight into government and industry -œbest practices- / industry standards governing RM planning.
- Establish and maintain a foundational level RM process based on federal guidance and best practices. The foundation program must include an annual auditing process that spans daily operational status, enterprise management, periodic formal plan audits, and training inclusive of corrective action plans. The foundation program must include support and advice to Component RM planners as they develop or RM mitigation plans.
- Maintain an Agency and Component process-oriented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to include a monthly metrics program reflecting individual Component and Agency status of program strength, an Agency aggregate metric, and event management organization-focused RM metrics.
- Maintain, update and report periodic metrics as required to the Government. This spans the full range of metrics from internal NGA through National RM Programs.
- Develop POA&M with metrics to develop, maintain, monitor, and improve RM Tools.
- Maintain proficiency in use and administration of RM Tools, providing oversight of usage and maintenance of the service, granting access and providing training to qualified Agency users, and conducting periodic tests and evaluation of the service.
- Coordinate with RM service provider to develop an Agency-specific training program and provide training to Agency users.
- Develop and maintain RM program documentation which includes: writing publications on behalf of NGA that support National, DoD and ODNI policy, plans and procedures, developing file management plan, archiving process and oversight in coordination with Government, developing or creating reports supporting internal and external assessments, briefings and reports typically including, internal audits, and/or, DoD, and IC assessments, etc.
- Develop an RM training program supporting and validating: the foundational level RM process, standing plans and procedures; integrated and complementary with the NGA EM and MA programs.
- Develop and maintain the RM Plan (updated as required, reviewed annually, and re-issued bi-annually) incorporating Portfolio Management as it applies to NGA support to National RM policies.
- Develop information sharing opportunities within RM tools and RM processes with other Corporate Applications and programs.
- Experience as a primary author of mission and vision statements, policy or requirements statements or documents, or operating concepts.
- Possess over 11 years of demonstrated leadership and risk management experience at an Agency, Command, or Corporate level organization.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple simultaneous efforts to gather information to synthesize functional needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead studies and assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to assist the government in establishing goal and objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skill and can interact with department heads and managers.
- Demonstrated risk management planning and mitigation planning.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience within related field and 11 to 14 years' experience.
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Industry or government Risk Management (PMI-RMP) or Project Management with Risk Management built into curriculum (e.g., PMP, PgMP, Lean Six Sigma)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.