Responsible for all aspects of data governance, including developing the overall data architecture strategy and creating and maintaining standards and best practices for data provisioning and data integration. The manager acts as the data owner and subject matter expert within the organization and is able to liaise with technical staff, directors, product development team, and marketing managers to ensure data goals and objectives are met.
- Provides data architecture support and expertise to all major enterprise projects
- Ensures enterprise data is structured for ease of use
- Reviews all data/data repositories on a periodic basis and ensures data is properly classified according to use, sensitivity, and importance
- Audits security precautions to ensure adequate protection is in place
- Provides formal authorization for data access
- Develops and adheres to data modeling standards and best practices
- Supports the solution architect to provide best solutions to meet project's data needs
- Identifies opportunities for data alignment and re-use
- Defines and supports ETL, data, and business intelligence architectures
- Implements principles, policies, standards, and guidelines for data management
- Establishes and supports proactive process assessment and formulates preventative measures throughout the organization
- Applies knowledge of systems, data, and customer requirements to uncover problems and recommends solutions
- Must have a thorough understanding of the various legislative acts and how they impact data
- Knowledge of data integration tools
- Thorough understanding of project management and SDLC methodologies
- Ability to determine long term directions, industry trends, and how they relate to the organizational needs
- Must be able to initiate change and be able to communicate effectively
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and 16-18 years of applicable experience.
- More than five years of experience in IT in technology architecture, operations, and design related disciplines
- At least two years of experience as a database administrator
- Comprehensive experience with data modeling tools
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.