The principal function of the Systems Engineer position is to be responsible for the Customer's technical platform infrastructure and to provide a high quality, secure and resilient platform that supports the Customer's business needs.
This position is primarily responsible for creating, modifying and maintaining Windows Group Policy Objects (GPOs) for the enterprise. This includes updates based on Security needs, user change requests and internal performance adjustments.
- Being able to work with both Windows 7 and Window 10 Operating Systems, and being able to troubleshoot and resolve GPO issues.
- Strong real world experience with GPOs -“ creating, modifying, maintaining, testing and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of the engineering life cycle to include requirements gathering, solutions design, testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Experience with OSD deployment and MS Configuration Manager.
- General knowledge of MS Windows to include performance monitoring.
- Experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Well-developed technical and analytical skills to work closely with Service Partners to troubleshoot and identify broken processes or resolutions to trouble incidents via ESMT and submit Change Request's for global enterprise implementation.
- Knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client/server computer operating systems (thick & thin clients), networking hardware, protocols and administration, and system integration across multi-tiered highly secure IT environments.
- Recognize and recommend new or emerging technology or software to satisfy functional requirements and processes.
- Provide highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the subject field.
- Provide customer support using enterprise solutions software to integrate business areas, consistent with today's technology in order to operate in an open systems environment and client service architectures.
- Create standard operation procedures.
- Perform Quality Control check planning, integration, validation, of Field Deployment via applications, patches, security updates, and other customer deployments.
- Perform script verification checks -“ review event logs, review back logs, training, and documentation maintenance. Navigate in ELAN and Production systems for validation purposes of engineering scripts.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and leadership for current / new operations and engineering personnel.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Provide Tier III & IV technical support and leadership in a complex mission critical windows based environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree and seven to nine years of related experience.
Position requires the ability to maintain a Top Secret / SCI with Polygraph US government security clearance.
- Hands on experience with Windows 7 and 10
- Strong experience with Windows GPOs
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and OUs
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V
- Hands on experience with SCCM
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
MCSE/MCITP certifications are a plus