Summary: Opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement will offer teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
- The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, with whom we coordinate heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission.
- You will provide software design and development expertise in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's seven year track record of on time and on schedule deliveries.
- Developers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
- You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
- You will work within a culture of sharing information amongst teammates and management team
- You will work with teammates whose culture is one of team before self
How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design. During the development phase provide a complete full-stack technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions. Additionally, the Developer will provide support to test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team. Candidates should be familiar with good development and configuration management practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimally 10 to 12 years of related software development experience
- Expertise with Java, Swing, JDBC, and experience with Angular, React, Jquery, JSON, XML
- Expertise in service based development
- Expertise with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Web services
- Experience with Messaging and/or ESB Technologies
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience with web design
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Expertise interfacing with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
- Expertise with software configuration management processes and tools
- Experience designing interfaces
- Experience coordinating with external systems/ clients
- Security+ or CISSP certified
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.