Summary: Opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement will offer teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
- The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, with whom we coordinate heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission.
- You will provide software design and development expertise in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's seven year track record of on time and on schedule deliveries.
- Developers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
- You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
- You will work within a culture of sharing information amongst teammates and management team
- You will work with teammates whose culture is one of team before self
How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer, Lead will:
- Provide test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline.
- Leverage prior experience with excellent development and configuration management practices.
- Collaborate to provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions.
- Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design.
- Must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimally 7 to 10 years of related software development experience
- Expertise with Java, Swing, JDBC, and experience with Angular, React, Jquery, JSON, XML
- Expertise with Linux operating systems
- Experience in service based development
- Experience with Web services
- Experience with Messaging and/or ESB Technologies
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience with web design
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Expertise with software configuration management processes and tools
- Experience interfacing with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
- Experience designing interfaces
- Experience coordinating with external systems/ clients
- Security+ or CISSP certified
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
BIT Systems Inc., BITS, is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. We are looking for talented individuals that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Not to mention BITS benefits are quiet unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax−qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the Profit Sharing Plan ( PSP ). The second part consists of BITS Individual Benefit Account Plan ( IBA ), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.