The ideal candidate will be energetic, independent and detail-oriented individual. Based out of our Baltimore office, the Media Planner/Buyer is a hybrid role consisting of account service and media buying. The candidate will serve as the liaison between the agency, our vendors, and our customers. As a member of our team the candidate will interact with clients on a daily basis. The candidate will be responsible for placing, confirming and monitoring media buys, as well as, research and development of media options to present to clients. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with a team, as well as individually. A qualified candidate will have:
- Understanding of traditional media buying such as print, OOH, Internet and mobile
- Hands on skill with programmatic media and paid social and search
- Ad agency experience a plus, media or account service experience preferred
- Ability to buy media in multiple markets
- Strong negotiating skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of media buying software
- Daily interaction with clients through the media planning and placement cycle
- Implementation and regular optimization of programmatic, social and search advertising campaigns
- Building effective relationships with media vendors
- Negotiate with media vendors to achieve best value media buys
- Responsible for tracking deadlines as well as reconciliation of media invoices.
- Compile post-buy statistics detailing performance of advertising campaigns
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management as required
- Document media buy rationale including POVs and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or comparable is preferred.
- Two to four years of related industry experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.