We are looking for an energetic, customer service oriented and technically talented and experienced Cognos Administrator to help support mission critical infrastructure in a 24/7, dynamic and fast-paced production environment in AWS cloud.
A self-starter who is proactive and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence.
Technically versatile, has the aptitude to increase technical breadth and the attitude and personality to help grow/maintain a World Class organization.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Administering, configuring, tuning, and maintaining Cognos BI 10 & 11.xx in non-prod and Production environments
- Performing daily Cognos activities, such as report/package/cube deployments, managing users access, monitoring schedules, and monitoring overall system
- Working with Cognos developers, IBM support, database administrators, and other IT operations resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure the system is working properly
- Managing Cognos servers, including applying patches
- Working closely with the report developers to manage deployments and security throughout the environment
- Researching, assessing, and implementing Cognos best practices
- Creating and maintaining Cognos user roles/permissions, working closely with the Active Directory Team
- Analyzing Cognos and other server/system logs on a daily basis to identify and proactively resolve those issues
- Act as the technical expert for support and enhancement issues
- Design, develop, test, and maintain Cognos infrastructure as necessary
- Knowledge of Cognos architecture design and implementation.
- Setup new database connections and security procedures
- Perform capacity planning
- Works with Client Management/Other Team Lead to provide timely, appropriate level of communication with respect to the work assigned.
- Provides technical and functional expertise on development projects.
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree and/or 5-7 years of experience
- Implementing application migrations to cloud providers
- Identify and recommend applications for implementation or migration to cloud services
- Experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc is a huge plus.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.