CACI is looking for an experienced Software Engineer that will lead a small team on projects related to the semantic web and linked data. The team supports ongoing efforts in various areas of research and development and as such flexibility on the part of the development team is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Changing technical requirements driven by proof-of-concept needs are common. CACI strives to remain current with best-in-class current technologies and as such, there is a continual need to sharpen skills and learn new technology.
Advanced software engineering skills will be expected:
- Provide advice and guidance to junior members of the team
- Interface with developers and clients
- Identify needs and translate into software requirements
- Discuss design/architecture choices with engineering team
- Conduct presentations to non-technical or semi-technical audiences
- Take initiative to ensure requirements are met
- Collaborate with team for task decomposition and assignment
Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Must have a strong understanding of:
- Java SE
- Software System Design and Engineering
- Software Development Project Management
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Concurrent Programming
- User Interfaces
- Lambda Expressions
- System Administration (Unix)
- NetBeans Platform Framework
- Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, ontologies, graphs, SPARQL, etc)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related work experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.