Serves as a Senior Test Engineer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System-“Army (IPPS-A). P erforming Security Test & Evaluation of cross domain solutions. Conduct performance and functional testing on cross domain solutions. Plan, execute and report on all test activities.
Advises supervisor, the IPPS-A Senior Test Manager, of unique test requirements and complex test programs. Provides guidance to program personnel on test procedure development, test conduct and report generation. Directs and performs complex test operations to meet program requirements. This individual prepares program schedules in support of program requirements. May interact directly with the Government designated Test Manager and manages the activities of assigned test engineers in support of program goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and/or leads an integrated test team to perform the following activities in support of the testing function:
- Participates in other program working groups and IPTs to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
- Recent work experience in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity
- Recognize software defects/anomalies/failures and generate test results for later analysis and correction
- Have a good understanding of system administration skills, including hardware, OS, network, software installation, security hardening and system troubleshooting
- Develops test scenarios and test scripts
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
- Ensures that functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Plans, prepares, manages and reports progress on the System Development Test (STD) activities and deliverables pertaining to Product Level Test (PLT) and Developer's Integration Test (DIT)
- Updates and maintains the Testing Strategy portion of the Provisioning Plan
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and -7-9 years of related experience
- Must be a practitioner working in the cybersecurity profession
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience of Security Test & Evaluation
- Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level certified - Security+
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Familiar with DoD 8570 documentation
- Experience with evaluation and compliance of Sponsor IT systems for the assessment of vulnerabilities and providing appropriate security countermeasures to ensure implemented security architectures comply with enterprise-level security architecture standards
- Experience in developing test automation frameworks using tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications, including ERP, EDI, CRM, data warehouses, etc.
- Experience in testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Government Risk Compliance (GRC) Suite, and SQL for testing desired
- Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages
- Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools such as HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance Center/Load Runner)
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience with automated regression test scripts
- Experience in testing software for federal government
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Has experience with 508 Compliance Testing, Disaster Recovery, and Security Testing
- Experience testing High assurance systems a major plus.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2 HCM
- Minimum of 5 years providing Information Assurance (IA) or Information Technology (IT) testing support
- Ability to develop and run PeopleSoft queries
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing system testing activities
- Preferred Active Secret clearance