CACI has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, geospatial database administrator to work in a full-time capacity providing database administration support to designated special operations units. The candidate will be responsible for the Installation, configuration, patch administration and management of Microsoft SQL Server database engines and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services. The candidate must have a strong understanding of database schema object management, data modeling, replication, cluster and architecture.
The successful candidate will provide advice and support to the integrations team throughout the staging and production cycle through the software development lifecycle (LDC), implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints, and identify and troubleshoot database issues. This individual should possess the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions and have an expert understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL). Experience with virtual environments (preferably VMWare VCenter) and SQL clustered environments will greatly enhance your success, as well as experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SISS) packages. Additionally, the successful candidate will implement log shipping and database monitoring.
Candidate should have excellent communication skills to include technical writing and the ability to work in a collaborative cross functional team environment. Candidate should have the ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience base to be detail oriented and to prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines. Candidate should have exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities, including troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving project issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement and understanding user requirements. Candidate should show a willingness to assist the cross functional team in problem solving and daily tasks related to Enterprise Services.
- Five years of technical experience; 5 years of leadership experience with the demonstrated ability to effectively manage junior personnel.
- Shall be highly proficient in administering and deploying open source and commercial off the shelf (COTS) GIS server equipment in support of intelligence organizations.
- Shall be highly proficient in developing, administering and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and/or PostgreSQL in support of intelligence operations.
- Perform at high level/expert intelligence systems architecture design and evaluation.
- Shall possess an expert working knowledge of the discovery, analysis and exploitation of geospatially oriented data and the management of that data within a variety of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) compliant applications and databases.
- Shall possess strong oral and written communication skills and be capable of effectively directing subordinates.
- Shall possess high level/expert ability to manage and work with static and dynamic streaming geospatial oriented data. Security+ certification.
- Minimum of ten years GIS database experience within DOD or the Intelligence Community.
- Bachelor's degree and three additional years of general experience in the fields of targeting, intelligence systems architecture and geospatial systems experience are highly desirable.
- The Government may accept 1-2 years of additional targeted hands on experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Network+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA). SQL Server 2012 certifications desired.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10-12 years of related experience
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.